- This event has passed.
Breath & Ice Experience – Newcastle – 03 July 21
July 3 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm$137.18
About this event
It all starts and ends with the breath.
Stress, illness, anxiety, lack of sleep, too much screen time, too little outdoor time in nature – the modern world influences the way we breathe and the way we live on every tangible level.
All of these factors impact our homeostasis – the place our body most likes to be – causing us to be out of touch with nature and out of touch with ourselves.
When we are out of balance within or without, our entire physiology reacts and this impacts on our physical and mental state.
Yet we all hold the magic key to changing this.
Our breathing says a lot about how we deal with the world around us, with the stresses and strains of everyday life, how we process all these experiences and then store them in our bodies.
It’s the link between body and mind, between spirit and matter, between the conscious and the subconscious mind. The breath is a force, a bridge, a tool. It connects us to each other, and to our own nature, our source
Yet breathing is the only system in the body that is both completely automatic and also under our control. That is not an accident of nature, not a coincidence. That is an opportunity, an invitation, to take part in our own nature, our own evolution.
We can use it to manipulate how we feel, how our body regulates and processes not just our physical responses but also our emotions and overall wellbeing.
So that’s why we created Breathless.
Because by getting back to a natural, more optimal way of breathing, we can improve the way we live.
+ Control stress effectively
+ Improve sleep and recovery
+ Feel more energized
+ Reduce inflammation
+ Combat depression and anxiety
+ Improve your physical and mental performance
– Whether you’re looking to improve your sporting prowess, manage your stress levels, reduce illness related symptoms, take your current practice to the next level or are just curious to find out this breathing and ice bath stuff is all about, then this is the course for you.
WHY COME ALONG?
Well, there will be breath-work.
There will be scientific explanations.
There will be ice baths.
There will be meditation and discussion.
But ultimately, this is an opportunity to discover how to work with your body, expand your human potential and challenge your current belief systems and conditioning.
You’ll come away with the tools, training, and knowledge to incorporate into your daily practice and help you take back control of your physiology, well being and overall happiness.
And you’ll get to meet a group of like minded people and share in an intimate, bonding experience that will open you up, lift your soul and leave you feeling alive, connected and part of something bigger than yourself.
// THE BREATH //
Having spent years studying, training and researching into all kinds of breathwork methods and techniques, I’ve created this compact, interactive course to share all I’ve learnt with a mix of practical, theory, personal and of course, fun/bad jokes.
From in-depth insights into the functional, physical and psychological aspects of breathing to guided breathwork meditations, beautiful live music and intimate group discussions, you’ll learn various tools, techniques and methods that will teach you to use your breath to help you live a fuller, calmer, happier life.
• Develop an understanding of breathwork principles based on modern science
• Learn practical tools for applying breathwork in a variety of circumstances
• Learn simple tools and metrics for to better assess and adapt to stress
• Learn simple yet effective ways to help improve your breath quality
• Learn how to tailor breathwork to suit your own personal needs
// THE COLD //
The therapeutic use of thermal exposure dates back as far as historical records go. From hot springs to arctic plunges, sweat lodges and back again, there are countless rites of passage, rituals, ceremonies and healing practices that demonstrate the psychological and physiological benefits of seeking out extremes in nature. There seems to be an innate knowing within us, a longing, a need that pushes us to seek out the stress that extreme fluctuations in temperature brings as a way to grow and expand our potential.
The recent growth of interest in self engineered exposure practices stems from rapid changes in our lifestyle and a new relation to stress. For many, this opens up a fascinating discussion and the maze of information out there.
– Why & When cold or heat exposure?
– What are the best practices and protocols?
– What counts as too little and is there such a thing as too much?
– How do I bring these practices into my daily routines?
– What temperature or time ranges are ideal?
– How do I make and measure progression in a safe way?
– A full evening of workshops, guided discussions and meditations, live music, sound healing and ice baths
– Delicious organic vegan hot drinks and snacks
– A comprehensive takeaway resource kit including:
PDF presentations on Breathless techniques & exposure therapy
Access to guided breath work recordings and resource library
An array of community discounts, giveaways and events